Sunday 23 September 2012

Battersea doodle #20

Battersea Kaleidoscope.
Lately I've been having more fun with the repeated motif idea. I started on a kaleidoscopic image a couple of days ago, making a small section of it (probably just under a quarter of this image). I came back to it today and added some colour and then it kept on growing! I particularly like the centre, which came about a little by accident after I copied the central group and happened to rotate it on top of what was already there. I like how detailed it became once I'd accidentally doubled it up, so I left it like that, and for some reason that little section reminds me of the sort of ornate patterns of the Victorian age. Or maybe even a little of Art Nouveau, despite the individual elements being composed almost entirely of straight lines. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment