Monday 21 January 2013

The Postcard Project

Last autumn I sent off a postcard I'd designed (using one of my Battersea doodles, entitled 'Toast Battersea') to a company called Advertising Exhibitions, who had put a call out on a job site for artists working in any discipline to design a standard sized postcard showing a piece of their work, and write a little about their work or working process on the back. It then asked you to mail your postcard to the company's base in surrey and they would scan all the cards they received for their constantly updated online gallery. The original would then be sent on to a relevant arts company or be available for purchase at a future exhibition, thus gaining the artist some exposure. So I had sent off my postcard a few months ago and, if I'm honest, forgotten all about it! Then my mum happened to be googling me to look up any new doodles I'd put on this blog and she found a search result which took her to this online gallery and - there was my postcard!

You can check it out here: http://advertisingexhibitions.co.uk/blog/?p=44
...and there are lots of other interesting designs up there too.

I like the added texture in this image as I made my postcard using thick watercolour paper. I produced a few other postcard designs at the time, based on my Battersea Doodles, cropping some of the images and using the full versions of some others and quite liked them. I'm thinking of producing some postcards or using my doodles on other media for sale so, watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment